Sketches

Tuesday 17 April 2018

Stockholm: Skansen



Stockholm. Already two weeks ago.
We had tough times last weeks, my brother in law deceased last week.

Still, some sketches of our trip to Stockholm.
On the third day, that was the second day of Eastern, we went to Skansen.
That is an open air museum, where old buildings are rebuilt and preserved. Old traditions and crafts are kept alive, and there is a lot of infornation available on how Swedes used to live.
We visited and old farm, and the very nice guide gave us more or less a full hour of college of old building techniques.

I asked if I could make a sketch, which she allowed. She found out much to her surprise, that I included her into the sketch. The least I could do to give something back for their friendliness en openness.

2 comments:

Michael Lukyniuk said...

Nice souvenirs of your trip to Sweden at Easter. I'm sure that the ladies in your sketch were pleased at being sketched.
My condolenses for your brother in law. Sorry to hear of your loss, it is always a difficult time.

Rene Fijten said...

Thanks. The week was like a rollercoasterride. As for the sketch, yes, they were very pleased. One of the ladies remarked that it was the first time in her 17 years of being a guide, that someone had done something like this.